- Sony E Mount Full-Frame
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Carl Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Nine-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
The Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens is a prime, normal focal length lens featuring a very fast and bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to support working in dimly-lit conditions and for greater control over focus for shallow depth of field imagery. The sophisticated Sonnar optical design enables high resolution and sharpness with optimized low-light shooting capabilities. A Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
Additionally, a dust- and moisture-resistant construction ensures this lens’s use in tough environmental conditions.
- This prime normal-length lens features a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions and for greater control over the plane of focus.
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating lessens lens flare and ghosting for contrast-rich imagery with sustained color neutrality.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design enables ensured performance when working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Nine-blade circular diaphragm enables a smooth out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to shallow depth of field imagery.
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||55 mm|
|Lens mount||Sony FE|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||3 aspherical elements|
|Minimum focus||0.50 m (19.69″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Unknown|
|Weight||281 g (0.62 lb)|
|Diameter||64 mm (2.52″)|
|Length||71 mm (2.8″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||49.0 mm|
|Hood product code||ALC-SH131|