Our friends Hilary and Randy invited us to visit ZooLights last night – thanks for the opportunity!
Every year from the end of November through early January the Phoenix Zoo puts up an amazing and impressive display of colorful lights for their ZooLights exhibit.
Here are some interesting facts
- It takes a crew of 5 people 14 weeks to install all the lights.
- There are nearly found million lights and 700 light sculptures.
- The exhibit is a year-round process, and includes installing the lights, taking them down, repairing, planning, designing and building new features for the following year.
- They add new 3D as well as 12 to 30 new 2D features every year and everything is done solely by Zoo staff.
- The lights are all taken down, recycled and reused.
- ZooLights is 100% LED lights, powered by EarthWise Energy generated from clean, environmentally friendly sources such as the sun and wind.
- It is the Zoo’s largest special event fundraiser. The Zoo is a privately owned non-profit organization.